It’s Tuesday and I’m just five days away from leaving rainy Mexico City for a sunny New York one. We are almost done with our Summer Getaways, beachwear round. And today it’s my turn, the Hopeless Romantic. Girls like Sophie (that’s me, by the way) usually love quiet and visually stunning destinations. We like to pack the same amount of books as we do clothes. There’s nothing we enjoy more than a Tuscan villa with a pool (surrounded by Lavender, of course). Oh well, there is something we enjoy more, a bottle of wine under the Provence sky. So if your Summer vacation is all about romantic strolls and discovering Parisian hidden gems, if you are up for some major views and some major wine tasting, if you are ready to take all that French Country in, then you’ll need a pool (or beach, if there is one) ensemble worthy of a romantic escape.
The Hopeless Romantic doesn’t compete with the view, she likes to be a part of it. That is why we love all things floral and all things cute. The color palette I used (soft pink, teal, ivory and lilac) will make you look like the ultimate Tuscan garden goddess.
- Balconette bikini tops always have that air of romance and old school glamour, great for this type of destination.
- A floral kimono is the ultimate cover-up for a day at the pool and garden.
- Go for a pair of tan, leather strap sandals
- Leather shoppers are the perfect companions on a trip, you can take them with you all day: to the beach, to the pool, to lunch, to run errands…
- For the nails, go with bright but cute colors (pink, teal, lilac, peach, coral)
WHAT SOPHIE IS WEARING
- Bikini top, JACK WILLIS
- Bikini bottoms, PRISM
- Floral kimono, RIVER ISLAND
- Tan sandals, ASOS
- Leather shopper, ZARA
- Sunnies, VIVIENNE WESTWOOD
- Friendship cuff, BIBI BIJOUX
- Leather bracelet, SELECTED
- Green & gold bangle, FOREVER 21
- Heart ring, TOPSHOP
- Pearl ring, TOPSHOP
- Cascade Cool nail polish, ESSIE
- Go Overboard nail polish, ESSIE
- Playdate nail polish, ESSIE
Four down, one to go! Tomorrow I’ll have the perfect rooftop outfit for all of you city girls. So if you are a New York lover or a London (let’s hope you catch some sun instead of some cruel rain) Summer camper, be sure to check back tomorrow. I am gonna start early with my packing process, in an attempt of making things more organized and efficient (let’s see how that goes). If you want a glimpse of that and of my NYC trip, be sure to follow me on Instagram.
llustrations: Ana Sofia Alanis
Image sources: ASOS, River Island, Zara, Polyvore, Topshop, Essie
All texts, illustrations and collages are made by me, it’s forbidden to re-post without previous request (firstname.lastname@example.org) and images must link back to this site