Oh, time really flies by so quickly, my sweet readers. It’s seems like yesterday when our Summer Special started and today, it’s coming to an end! We are saying bye-bye to our Bikini Season series with a very colorful and bright post: a swimsuit guide to color combos and schemes. I’ve already given you prints and shapes galore, now it’s time to focus on the solids, Remember, solids are a great way to mix & match. Color combinations are fun and unexpected, but they also look better when done right. That’s why I have categorized my selection in different shades and trends, from the always lovely pastel range to the classic of classics, the little black bikini. Ready to start?
Ah, a very cute and personal favorite, I bet you can tell by just looking at the layout of my website. Pastel bikinis look beautiful against a great tan, they really, really make you glow. You can wear a one color set, you can combine shades (vanilla and lilac look really pretty together, the pink and mint combo is a match made in heaven).
- Yellow tie-fron bandeau, Lisa Marie Fernandez
- Mint underwired bikini, Zimmermann
- Lavender knot two-piece, Tara Matthews
- Pink bandeau bikini, Melissa Odabash
Sorbet shades are the transition between pastels and vivid hues. They are sugary, but not too sugary. They are bright, but not too bright. Salmon and peach go great with sunkissed skin.
- Draped salmon bikini, Norma Kamali
- Ruffle blue two-piece, Zimmermann
- Lime triangle bikini, NewLook
- Scalloped pink number, Topshop
Remember how three Springs ago it was all about vitamin color-blocking? Well, that combo never gets old! Wanna turn some heads at the beach? Mix a bright shade of tangerine with some hot pink, you will be getting a lot of attention!
- Orange halter bikini, Topshop
- Hot pink bandeau two-piece, Melissa Odabash
- Hot pink string bikini, NewLook
- Clean orange swimswuit, Orlebar Brown
There’s nothing more flattering for your Summer skin than a silky dress in a jewel tone. That’s why you must own a jewel tone bikini or two or three. Teal and emerald are great for all skin tones! My advice? Pick a shiny texture!
- Bow triangle bikini, Topshop
- Mermaid teal two-piece, Vix
- Molded emerald bikini, Carine Gilson
- Shiny blue bikini, Vix
I’ve never been a fan of the neons and the electrics, but I have to admit that when it comes to bikinis, the brighter the better for your tan! Go for string bikinis, they look the coolest in this kind of shades.
- Blue appliqué bikini, Miu Miu
- Tie-side bikini, Heidi Klein
- Neon lime two-piece, Topshop
- Fringe pink bikini, NewLook
Navy, red and white bikinis are staples in every girl’s wardrobe. Red is pure glamour, Navy is sailor chic and white, well white is a classic! Do you have all three colors inside your bikini drawer?
- Classic halter red bikini, Orlebar Brown
- Navy halter two-piece, Melissa Odabash
- Halter cream bandeau, Topshop
- Ruffle red bikini, Zimmermann
Even though I am not a fan of black, I know the power a black bikini has. It’s sexy and it’s classic! Choose an underwired bra for a retro touch, a muti-strap one for the sexy vibe and some texture for a fun twist!
- Black triangle bikini, Dolce & Gabbana
- Wrap black bikini, Shimmi
- Retro underwired top bikini, Beth Richards
- Snakeskin texture two-piece, Zimmermann
Well, I guess I don’t have to explain a lot about this one. Nothing says bombshell like a white little number. Just a word of advice: don’t test it while you are in a crowded pool, test it before. You don’t wanto to be taking the plunge and emerging from the water with the “wet t-shirt contest” effect going on!
- Retro top bikini, H&M
- Leather detail two-piece, Vix
- Bombshell bikini, Orlebar Brown
- Ruffle top two-piece, Zimmermann
I wanted to whip up a little color chart, just in case you wanna look at them together! That’s a wrap for our Summer Season coverage, we are moving towards Fall, the coming season (and a fabulous one). Ready for new trends and styles?
Illustrations: Ana Sofia Alanis
Image sources: Net-a-porter, Polyvore, Farfetch, Zara, Topshop, J.Crew
All texts, illustrations and collages are made by me, it’s forbidden to re-post without previous request (email@example.com) and images must link back to this site