Summer when it comes to make-up is all about new shades, new products and new looks. I’m always waiting for that moment, the moment when Chanel releases their nail polish collections so I can run out that door and buy them all! Since we are in the middle of our Summer Prep Guide, a little seasonal make-up round-up is in order. I’ve put together what you’ll need in order to pull-off the hottest beauty looks straight from last September’s runways and the hottest nail polish trends for you to rock with those itsy bitsy bikini numbers. Ready? Let’s start with the face!
Dark & Smudged: Smoky eyes are part of our every weekend evening make-up routine, but dark & smudged isn’t about that at all, it’s about the messy under eye. You know, a bit grunge, the morning after kind of effect. What you’ll need:
- L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner
- Dior Show Black Out Mascara
- Smudging brush from Sephora
Cobalt Eyes: I’m one of the first girls to be afraid with playing with a little eye shadow color, I usually go for neutrals and greys. But this season’s cobalt blue eyes, that I’m willing to try.
- Sephora Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner in The Deep End
- Nars Single Eye Shadow in Outremer
Weightless Foundation: With warm and sticky weather, heavy make-up is a big no no. It gets cakey and it melts down your face. That’s why you need to switch you regular foundation for a lighter one. I definitely recommend YSL’s Le Teinte Touche Eclat
Naked: The “I have makeup on but it looks like I don’t” look took the runways by storm. The keys? A tinted moisturizer, brow gel, a neutral palette and mascara, just a dab!
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Tinted Moisturizer
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Eye Shadow Palette
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel
- Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener
- Clinique Chubby Stick in Heaping Hazelnut
Berry & Matte: Forget about super glossy lips, this season is all about matte. Forget about neons and dark puckers, bright berry red is back!
- Illamasqua lipstick in Box
- YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in Rouge Rock
- Smashbox Legendary lipstick in Legendary
Pop of pink: Eyes, cheeks, lips, nails, everything looks prettier in a hot shade of pink. And remember, fuchsia is one of the strongest colors for next Fall so you’ll be also getting a little ahead!
- Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in Yaoi
- Stila Convertible Color in Fuchsia
- Make up For Ever single eye shadow in Neon Pink
- Stila After Glow Lip Color in Festive Fuchsia
- Make uo For Ever Aqua Liner in Iridiscent Fuchsia
And that bag? You’ll definitely need a cuet one to put all that new stuff in it and to take it with you on your upcoming trips and vacations. Tory Burch is to blame for this cute Flamingo number.
Now that we are done with the face, it’s time for some nailporn. This are the hottes hues and brands you definitely need to add to your enamel collection. Check them out!
Naked fingers: Nude polish this season is as hot as it was on the S/S runways. Whether you go for a ballet pink, a shiny blush or a sandy beige, a neutral enamel is a must inside your nail polish drawer.
- Faint of Heart, MAC
- Lingerie, Guerlain
- Nudite, Estee Lauder
- Nude Beach, Bobbi Brown
- Glints of Glinda, OPI
Precious metal: Metallic nails are everywhere! Gold, copper, silver, rose gold, almost every brand is carrying their metallic shades. Here are my favorites:
- Or Pur, Kure Bazaar
- Disco Inferno, NARS
- Looks like rain dear, Sephora by OPI
- Bubbly Gold, Lancome
- Chaos, Estee Lauder
Mermaid tips: Deborah Lippmann did it first, the rest followed. And we thank them for that. Metallic teal or mermaid’s tail is the perfect Summer shade.
- Viridian, Illamasqua
- Azuré, Chanel
- Mermaid’s Dream, Deborah Lippmann
- Samba, Dior
- I’m So Sari, Sephora by OPI
Summer Blues: Any shade or every shade of blue you can find and purchase is perfect for the warm season. I’m all about pastel blue, but Chanel’s Bel-Argus is to die for!
- Havana Dreams, Sephora by OPI
- Avenue Mantain, Essie
- Bel-Argus, Chanel
- Bleu Majorelle, YSL
- Blue Blood, Estee Lauder
Candy Beach: Pastel season was definitely Spirng 2012, but why leave this powdery and pretty hues behind? Match your pink bikini to mint toes or lavender fingers. Lovely, eh?
- Diorlisse Snow Pink, Dior
- Botanical Gardens, Nails INC
- Go Ginza, Essie
- Sharks Yellow, Pierre Hardy for NARS
- Blue Mint, Mavala
Happy Feet: Cheer those toes up with bright and vivid hues such as Emerald, Carrot Orange, Barbie Pink and Peach.
- Parme Graffiti, YSL
- Queen Victoria Street, Nails INC
- Madison Ave-hue, Essie
- Capeline, Dior
- Sharplines Peach, Pierre Hardy for NARS
Fizzy Pink: As sweet and bubbly as a pink soda pop on a warm, Summer day. Rock a glittery pink this season, who doesn’t love pink?
- Pink Rain Drops, Illamasqua
- Arabesque, NARS
- Mermaid’s Kiss, Deborah Lippmann
- Princess, Dior
- Narcissist, Estee Lauder
Bloody Summer: Dark nails for Summer? A bold and dramatic statement but one that looks gorgeous with a killer tan!
- Berry Desire, Estee Lauder
- Bordeaux Lust, Tom Ford
- Lotus Rouge, Chanel
- Black Honey, Clinique
- Knees Up, Butter London
That’s a wrap for make-up, moving on to the healthy habits. Are you enjoying our Summer Prep Guide so far? Drop us a line!
Illustrations: Ana Sofia Alanis
Image sources: Sephora, Selfridges, Harrod’s, Chanel
All texts, illustrations and collages are made by me, it’s forbidden to re-post without previous request (email@example.com) and images must link back to this site