Good evening, my sweet readers! Today I’m back with the last part of our Spring Groceries series. Since you are probably tired from a long day of work, I’m gonna make this quick. Every season has its staples and for Spring 2013, it’s all about a game between the neutrals and the brights. Ready to play? Here they are!
Neutrals are major mixers and life savers. When not having a clue on how to pair up that pair of wild printed trousers, throw a neutral solid and you are good to go! This Spring, palate cleansers are one of the strongest trends, but instead of spending on a stylish, seasonal piece, why not buy something that can work with almost anything, and in every season. Here’s a list of items your closet desperately needs:
- Barely there heels: Get a black pair, a colorful one if you want but please you can’t leave your wardrobe without a pair of nude, barely there, heeled sandals. Zara (pictured) has quite an assortment, so does Net-a-porter.
- The white shorts: This asymmetrical style from Zara has everyone going crazy, but if you are not into the whole wrap-around shorts, any type of white smart shorts will do. Leg flashing is the biggest warm weather perk.
- Naked top handle: Ladylike bags are a must this season and buying a neutral colored bag is always worth the splurge.
- The minimal clutch: For those evenings out with friends or date nights with the boyfriend, a minimal envelope clutch is a good game changer. This beauty is from Marni.
- Basic trainers: Forget about the black high-tops you wore all Winter, this season is all about bright whites. Isabel Marant has a beautiful pair, but so does Zara (pictured). Go get ’em!
- Short-sleeve sweatshirt: A major basic for Spring! Great with denim shorts, camo skinnies or over a sundress, possibilities are endless! This one is from Zara.
- Nude joggers: Maybe is just me, but lately, smart joggers are my new skinny jeans. With a cropped top and a blazer or a lightweight sweater, you can go to work, to a lunch and even happy hour!
- LWD: Who cares about black when you can soak up the sun in a little white number. This baby is from McQueen.
- The white pump: If you don’t have your pair or haven’t seen them everywhere, yoy really have been missing on a major trend.
- Neutral nails: They were on almost every runway last September and YSL’s Beige Leger is the perfect shade to pull it off.
- Naked sandals: A single strap in a neutral color? Perfect Spring and Summer off-duty companions.
For every neutral you get, you should get a bright. The best way to cheer and spice up an ensemble is with a colorful garment. This season, there’s a lot of color, a lot of it!
- Bold bralet: Pair up your high-waisted pants with one of this, throw over a blazer. Trust me, it doesn’t get more chic than that. Just remeber, do your crunches, drink your water! Bralet, Tucker
- Ethnic mini: The perfect garment for those sunny days, with a denim shirt or a plain tee. Flat sandals? Lace-up heels? Skirt, Thu Thu
- The bright pussybow: For work, to spice up your corporate look. To dress up your jeans for a lunch date with friends. With a pair of shorts for an easy breezy evening. It’s classic with a twist.
- Emerald trousers: You choose the cut and shape (tapered, joggers, skinny, flared), but since Emerald is the color of the season, this are a must!
- Disco sandals: Metallic footwear is the biggest hit of the season (thanks Burberry Prorsum for that). A pair of mirror flat sandals in pink (from ASOS) or blue can make an outfit more fun and daring.
- Pink mini shoulder bag: Shoulder bags, little ones, have taken over Spring. We can find them in any color and texture we want, but a pink one? Pink is always resourceful, girly and pretty.
- Electric points: Electric blue has been around for a while now (jeans, dresses, bags) and pointy shoes just made a big comeback. Put them together and the result is flawlessly perfect. This sexy pair is from Zara.
- Silky shift: Shift dresses are ideal for warm and sunny days. Silk is perhaps the fabric with the most beautiful texture and it clings to the body like no other. Choose the color you prefer, but make it a bright one.
- The yellow blazer: When it comes to blazers this Spring, yellow is the new black. This one is affordable and happy, you can find it on Zara.com
- Pink hot shorts: Pink will have the leading role when it comes to colors this Fall. Why not start wearing it right now? Shorts, Christopher Kane
- Naked & red: I’ve said it a million times, barely there sandals are a must this season. Get them in every color possible, I know I will. Add a touch of spice by buying a red pair. Heels, Zara
- Vitamin bodycon bikini: There’s nothing sexier than a bandage bikini in orange or pink? Remember, vitamin color and a tan make a killer combo. Bikini, Herve Leger.
And that’s a wrap for our Spring Groceries series! Now you know what you need, so… Happy shopping!
Illustrations: Ana Sofia Alanis
Image sources: Net-a-porter, Polyvore, Farfetch, Zara
All texts, illustrations and collages are made by me, it’s forbidden to re-post without previous request (firstname.lastname@example.org) and images must link back to this site