It’s that time of the year again, almost! We are a week away from NYFW’s kick-off and the beginning of the always exciting Fashion month. Right now, NYC is as cold as cold can get (well, not if you compare it with Eastern Europe), here’s hoping that when it’s Milan’s turn, the weather has softened at least a bit. It’s time for the Autumn/Winter collections to hit the runways and while I am more of a Spring girl (I’ve told you that a million times), when it comes to Fashion Week, I’m a sucker for everything! It’s a goal of mine to make the Fashion Month tour, but it’ll have to wait for at least another season to make that happen (here’s hopin’). In the meantime, I will have to settle with covering the whole thing via internet for you. Here are some things you need to know about this FW edition:
- There will be no Alexander McQueen runway show, due to Sarah Burton’s pregnancy. There will be a small presentation for a chosen few ( 50 editors and journalists).
- Peter Som also announced that he won’t be presenting his collection in the NYFW runways. He will be presenting, but on another format.
- Chris Benz is also skipping Fashion Week, he plans to revamp the brand for a new and more contemporary target.
- Betsey Johnson will be showing on NYFW, so does Kenneth Cole after a seven year absence.
- Swedish retailer, H&M, will be holding a Paris fashion show for the first time in eight years.
- Also, Whistles has announced they will be showing at LFW. Seems retailers are following Topshop’s Unique steps.
- NYFW: February 7-14
- LFW: February 15-19
- MFW: February 20- 26
- PFW: February 26- March 6
Remember that most of the shows can be watched live on streaming! I will be providing all the links and dates on my FB page. Like it HERE. In the meantime, keep checking back for more coverage on the Fashion Month. It’s gonna be a good one!
Illustrations: Ana Sofia Alanis
All texts, illustrations and collages are made by me, it’s forbidden to re-post without previous request (firstname.lastname@example.org) and images must link back to this site