Hello, hello my sweet readers! December is finally here and it’s definitely starting to feel like Christmas (or like Winter, temperature has really dropped today): the big and bright tree in Piazza Duomo, the lights inside the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, the beautifully decorated windows at the shops in Via Montenapoleone (even if the cold is almost deadly, Milano sure knows how to suit up for the Holidays). As the first parties and dinners start to happen (the one thing I miss about Mexico during this time was the booze-fest me and my friends used to organize every year), so does the shopping. As I told you on Saturday, Sweet n’Raw is armed and ready with a bunch of gift ideas that can help you sort out what to give who. In my Holiday shopping guide you will find that there is everything for every budget: from a $2,000 Chanel vintage bag to a $4.00 lip gloss.
As I mentioned before, Sweet n’Raw’s Christmas shopping guide is personality-inspired. This year, I wanted to think a little bit out of the box, not your usual “rocker chick” “boho chic” kind of guide. I have prepared two selections per personality: the splurge (if you are going all out) and the steal (if you are smart shopping). To get things started, a personality I really identify with: the francophile.
Us francophiles know exactly what “francophile” means. For the rest of you, don’t panic, it’s not a disease (but it is an addiction). A francophile is a non-french individual obsessed with all things gallic. There are many of us out there, we know we are not alone. In fact, I bet you have a friend who dreams about Paris even when she is awake. A friend who dreams of a house in the French countryside. A friend who has read every single expat memoir for sale on Amazon. A friend who, if she had the money and the speediest metabolism in the world, would live on Laduree macarons. In case you wondered, I am all of the above. If you have a sister or a colleague that goes crazy with la France and all that it has to offer, this is the list you need when shopping for her gift. Let’s get started!
- Sea green stone Arty Ring, YSL
- Fuchsia gloves, Miu Miu
- Pink nail polish selection (Tendresse, May, Ballerina and Rose Exuberant), Chanel Le Vernis
- Powder blue vintage bag, Chanel
- Mint snakeskin flats, J. Crew
- Lace dress, Oscar de la Renta
- Detailed jumper, Moschino Cheap & Chic
- Glitter sunglasses, Miu Miu
- Stripe pajama shirt, Bodas
- Santal Blush perfume, Tom Ford
- Statement necklace, Erickson Beamon
- Pom pom sandals, Charlotte Olympia
- Ballerina flats, ASOS
- Essie nail polish selection (Like to be bad, Love and acceptance, Who’s the boss), ASOS
- Baby pink satchel, Zatchels
- An Extraordinary Theory of Objects book, Stephanie LaCava
- Cream dress, Topshop
- Ruffle jumper, Romwe
- Vanity mirror, Urban Outfitters
- Petit Cherie eau de toilette, Annick Goutal
- Kitten ring, Modcloth
- Ankle-strap heels, Zara
Ready to shop for your wannabe French girlfriend? If you are my friend (or my boyfriend) and you are getting me a Christmas present, this is the post you should be looking at. Need more ideas? A lot more personality-inspired gifts coming your way!
Happy shopping and sweet kisses…
20 days till X-mas!
Illustrations: Ana Sofia Alanis