It’s Saturday and it’s sunny out there, my sweet readers! What are you up to today? Spring and Summer always make everything prettier (God has received a few letters of complaint form yours truly about his invention of Winter, written mostly on my mind, while I’m waiting for the bus, holding an umbrella, while snow buries my feet), flowers blossom, trees grow back their leaves and terraces, yes, you heard right, terraces are open. I have my “perfect moment” formula: good company + good wine + terrace (if you asked me two years ago, I would’ve said Redbull + Grey Goose + Jagermeister + Bob Sinclair, the party animal in me is slowly dying). You know what that translates into? Summer happy hour! After a long day of work or on a quiet Saturday, happy hour is just the thing to do. Meet friends, have a chat, have a boozy drink, or two, or three… That’s life! When you don’t want to look over the top, nor underdressed, what to wear to happy hour? Here’s Sweet’n’Raw’s suggestion.
HAPPY HOUR LOOK
I’m not a fan of blue jeans, never have, but when it comes to navy ones, I do love them. For this look I wanted to downplay the top, which is rather elegant. I did it by pairing it up with a pair of dark skinnies. The mustard pumps give the whole look an edgy, color-blocking effect, even more so with the green bag. What do you think?
- 3D floral top, ASOS
- Navy skinny jeans, ZARA
- Mustard platform sandals, ZARA
- Zeppelin bag, MARC BY MARC JACOBS
- Tortoiseshell watch, MICHAEL KORS
- Gold chain bracelet pack, ASOS
- Green stretch bracelet, MIRABELLE
- Statement ring, PIECES
- Clambake nail polish, ESSIE
IN YOUR BAG, HAPPY HOUR EDITION
A small, shoulder bag is the best option for happy hour. It doesn’t need much space and you can hang it anywhere. I love making new color combos, so when I put together coral, mustard and navy, a green purse was just the missing piece on my stylish puzzle.
- MAKE ME PRETTY: Since the bag doesn’t allow us to carry our usual amount of crap, we need to make a smart selection. A bright lipstick like YSL’s Rouge Pour Couture 28 to match the top / Your lifesavers and companions: NARS Orgasm blush and brush / USU Airlines concealer stick, easier to apply and it’ll freshen your makeup in a jiffy / Estee Lauder’s Pure color eye crayon, 2 in 1 are the best for small bags / Stash everything in a cute and bright bag like this one Models Own
- FRESHEN ME UP: Easy, Anti-bac + Gum + Lip balm= the trifecta
- CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT ME: A slightly smaller wallet like this one from See by CHLOE, you keys (duh) and the star of it all, the iPhone.
There you go! Now you know how Sweet’n’Raw does Happy Hour. Now I have to run, I’m actually heading out to have a couple of drinks. Happy Saturday!
lllustrations: Ana Sofia Alanis
Image sources: ASOS, Farfetch, Bodyshop, Net-a-porter, Zara, Bath & Body Works, Polyvore
All texts, illustrations and collages are made by me, it’s forbidden to re-post without previous request (firstname.lastname@example.org) and images must link back to this site