Hello my sweet readers! After a 5 day pause (I’m so sorry about that) I am back to bring you some freshly baked bread! And since the fashion industry doesn’t stop, even if I am on holiday, here are some highlights.
- Armani underwear goes bad Hollywood bombshell, Megan Fox, has been replaced! The italian designer has chosen a bad girl as the new spokesperson for the underwear and jeans ad campaigns. With the distinguished Victoria Beckham as his first choice a few years ago and the world’s hottest woman, Miss Fox as his second one, Mr. Armani is spicing things up a bit this year. Rihanna, well known for her daring fashion, risquè outfits and rauchy performances, has already shot the ads that are set to come out this September. Brace yourselfs for some wild photos, sexy poses and a touch of porn. Thank God those ads will be black & white, I’m kind of sick of her channeling Bozo the Clown.
- Kenzo and Antonio Marras parts ways The LVMH group announced today that the italian designer is to be replaced with retail duo, Humberto de Leon and Carol Lim. The pair behind the store Opening Ceremony were chosen in an attempt to refresh the brand. Opening Ceremony has had major success since the opening in 2002. Antonio Marrras was creative director of the brand for 8 years and has his own brand. Little do we know about his future, but the rumors are starting to say he could be the next head designer at Dior.
- Mariacarla is on fire The 30 year old italian is better than ever and at the top of her modeling game. At that age, usually modeling careers are over or about to end. But for Mariacarla Boscono, this is not the case. It’s well-known that she is Riccardo Tisci’s muse. But for this season, she seems to be everyone’s favorite girl. We will be seeing her as one of the faces of Givenchy this fall, along with Naomi Campbell and Natalia Vodianova, as the star of Loewe’s glamorous and a bit raw campaign, and with Natasha Poly and Karen Elson for the always dramatic, Roberto Cavalli.
- Swanepoel is definitely high fashion We know her for her Victoria’s Secret’s wings and some other catwalk now and then. But for this coming season, Candice is the face of the man of the hour (every hour that is), Tom Ford. Shot by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, the South African beauty showcases a sexy, fierce, glamorous woman. The shots are brigh with color, glossy and with a touch of drama. For the gentleman, Tom has given us the gorgeous Jon Kortajarena, looking slick, sophisiticated and cool.
- Balenciaga Fall/Winter Campaign Now this is a first! Nicolas Ghesquière has released a backstage video of his new ad campaign, featuring models Liya Kebede, Liisa Winkler, and Julia Nobis. It was shot by Steven Meisel, who has been very busy this year. Click here to see the video.
- Hermione Granger’s last red carpet This is the last we’ll see of the Harry Potter character, certainly we will be seeing a lot more of the british beauty, Emma Watson. For the New York premiere of the film, Emma chose a daring and interesting Bottega Veneta gown. Not a safe choice, but definitely Miss Granger really pulled it off, as always.