It’s not that I’m still in Easter mode, it’s just my everyday pastel obsession (you probably know that by now). But this Spring fashion seems to agree with my color fixation. Dresses, tops, skirts and even shoes, all can be found in this gorgeous hues. But another way to have fun with them is with your nails. In the nail department nowadays, pretty much everything is allowed (acrylic claws, diamond applications and tacky “designer” monograms will always be prohibited!). But now you can do stripes, flags, animal print (Sally Hansen’s strips are apparently a big hit), glitter, metallics, flowers. Nail polish companies and even retailers, such as H&M, American Apparel and Forever 21, are releasing collections with a vast selection of hues and textures for you to choose from. OPI and Essie, to my opinion de two enamel leaders, have an endless selection. You can’t help but feel overwhelmed by their range of options while browsing their websites.
So since I know many of you, like me, share this nail color obsession (my sister Ana Isabela is the queen in this department, I wish I could show you her collection and also the way she has them displayed in my former bathroom, which se has taken over since I no longer live at home) I prepared to you a post with the season’s hottest shades with long lasting quality!
- Illamasqua’s Caress, $22.50
- Essie “Sweet Talker”, $8.00
- Top Speed “Cloud”, Revlon, $5.99
- Love & Beauty “Dusty Blue”, Forever 21, $2.80
AND IT WAS ALL YELLOW
- Illamasqua’s “Blow”, $22.50
- Chanel “Mimosa”, $25.00
- Complete Salon Manicure in “Yellow Kitty”, $7.99
- H&M’s “Going Bananas”, $5.80
- Pirates of the Caribbean Collection in “Mermaids Tears”, OPI, $8.00
- Illamasqua’s “Nudge”, $22.50
- Essie “Mint Candy Apple”, $8.00
- Mac Cosmetics “Mischevious Mint”, $14.95
- Pirates of the Caribbean Collection in “Sparrow me the Drama”, OPI, $8.00
- Deborah Lippman’s “Don’t Tell Mama”, $16.00
- Essie “Forget me Nots”, $8.00
- Mac Cosmetics “Ice Cream Cake”, $14.00
- Chanel “Lilac Sky”, $25.00
- Pirates of the Caribbean Collection in “Planks a Lot”, OPI, $8.00
- Illamasqua’s “Wink”, $22.50
- Essie “Nice is Nice”, $8.00
Now that you know your colors, paint your nails away!